Sunday, July 27, 2008

Website traffic generation...PT 1

Hey everyone,

I thought as for my next post I would go over some ways of generating traffic. It's tough, I know personally. I once had this idea of making a celebrity forum, where members would post pictures using their Share-a-pic galleries. My thinking was that it would have been a great place for members to help each other out, and generate revenue for themselves. Can you guess what happend.... no one joined up. Yeah, a sad and true story. The problem I realized, was I wasn't promoting my forum very well, and thus no one joined up. Also at the time I had my celebrity blog called "Hollywood's Darlings" where I would post pictures of my fave celebs. This one went over a little better. In the forums where I visited I started putting my blog link in my signature, which while I didn't get droves of visitors I began to get a few. This leads into the first tip;

#1 Forum Marketing.

This is a great way to go about promoting your site/blog/ whatever it is you have. The best places to promote are usually the ones that have something to do with your web page. So if you have a car site, do a google search for 'car forums'. Involve yourself in conversations, give helpful advice, just plain build a reputation so people will know and trust you, and all the while have a link to your site in your signature. One thing to NOT DO is spam up the forums you visit with your links as this could result in a banning.

I have 9 more tips in the coming days to give you guys, so hang tight and look forward to the next post.

Later everyone


P.S.

If your just plain lazy like me I also would suggest using a program such as WEB TRAFFIC MACHINES to generate traffic.

No comments: